Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct (Rev. 1 3/2018)
Smith Systems, Inc. runs its design and manufacturing business via standards and principles that we encompass and define as our “Code of Ethics and Business Conduct”.
The Code of Ethics and Business Conduct addresses ethical conduct in relation to our work environment and business practices. It also sets out the standards of behavior that Smith Systems, Inc. expects from its employees in their daily activities, and when dealing with others. Its primary purpose is to identify guiding principles to help make decisions that are consistent with Smith Systems, Inc.’s Company Core Values:
- Honesty, Integrity, Trust, and Kindness
- Highest Value and Reliability
- Customer Focus and Professionalism
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Community Support and Social Responsibility
The Code of Ethics and Business Conduct is comprised of 7 statements:
- We respect all laws and regulations
- Including but not limited to state and federal employment laws (includes working off the clock)
- Product and project requirements by customers and applicable authorities
- We operate on the principle that our product speaks for itself
- We do not, nor will we bribe, gift, or make other unethical concessions in order to obtain business
- We will not accept any bribe, gift, or other unethical concession for selection of business
- This includes behavior defined as “I’ll scratch your back if you scratch mine”
- We avoid conflicts of interest
- We respect our suppliers terms, and expect the same from our customers
- Specific to payment terms, and obligation to pay within the contractual period
- We respect each other
- Each person has dignity and value, and will be treated as such by the company, as well as by their peers
- We will take immediate action against proven discrimination or uninvited/unwelcome verbal or physical conduct directed at any employee within our organization
- Stealing, taking, or removing Smith Systems, Inc.’s or any third party (customer, supplier, etc.) property will not be tolerated
- Employees will not express views on behalf of Smith Systems, Inc. without explicit authorization.
- We operate honestly, and value integrity
- We do not and will not alter, falsify, or forge any part of documents, contracts, time cards, or any other company records or financial transactions.
- We do not and will not use unethical or illegal practices to collect any competitor’s information.
- We do not engage in fraudulent appropriation of property (improper expense accounts, etc.)
- We protect our confidential employee, company, customer, and supplier information
- All employees, as well as customers and suppliers are held to this expectation
- No unauthorized use or disclosure of confidential information and intellectual property.
- Safety is our priority
- We take the safety of our employees, as well as the affective safety of our products very seriously.